Recycling services are currently back on schedule. However, some collections may remain subject to delay and suspension due to driver and fuel shortages.
Current status of collections
- recycling (green-lidded bin and green boxes) – collections running to schedule
- in some areas, green boxes and green-lidded bins are being emptied by separate vehicles
- food waste – collections running to schedule
- refuse (black bin) – collections running to schedule
- garden waste – collections have been suspended until further notice. Subscriptions will be extended for the period the suspension is in place
T&MBC are desperately trying to recruit more drivers but there is a national shortage due to Brexit and Covid. They have increased the pay in the hope of attracting more drivers and have asked staff to defer holidays.